Date: June 28th on Sunday, 2020 from 13:40 to 15:10 (14:40 – 16:10 in JST)
<This day was the day to have classes on Friday>
Course: Japanese Conversation 4
Used app: Video conference on DingTalk. Dingtalk’s BBS is also used to show the students some images.
Numbers of Students:
– Attendance check by the students’ self-claimed input of “Shusseki” onto BBS : 21
– Numbers of connections that the video conference window indicated: 21
– Attendance check at the end of the class in the form of quiz: 17
(1) Listening a conversation including passive and causative sentences.
Audio was taken from the Chapter 13-2 of “Dekiru Nihongo (yellow)”
(2) Exercise to review passive and causative sentences
Exercises were C2 on Sec.37 for passive sentences and B3 on Sec.48 for causative sentences. Both were from “Min’ano Nihongo II”
(3) Rote exercise of verb conjugation from Te-form to Causative-form+”te”
(4) Redo of sentences “Causative + Morau/Ageru/Kureru”
(5) Practice of Causative Passive sentences
– No HA.
Issues and Problems:
I could ask questions to all students at least once. But time was short. I couldn’t finish what I prepared for today.
Many students were absent. They might have lost his/her enthusiasm learn from me.
But for the students who attended, I think I could make the class activities somewhat interactive. It was not as good as in real classroom, but I tried to do my best. Sometimes connection was unstable or with much noise. Online teaching is not so good as people are saying on TV.