Date: June 12th on Friday, 2020 from 13:40 to 15:10 (14:40 – 16:10 in JST)
Course: Japanese Conversation 4
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 68 slides
Numbers of Students: 24 of 28, 4 were recorded as completely absent by the system. Of the four, one student sent me a message for sick leave before the class.
Fully attendant for 90min : 19
Shorter signing-in: 86, 79, 73, 65 minutes and 1 minute.
Responses onto the BBS:
– Attendance check by a student his/herself : 25 students input “Shusseki” onto BBS. However one student was recorded by the system as completely absent and did not leave any activities for quiz. Therefore the student was judged as absent.
– 1st Quiz: 20 students responded. The quiz was to choose right combinations of particles and causative forms of verbs.
– 2nd Quiz: 20 students responded. Before the quiz, procedures of cooking curry was explained in Japanese. The quiz was to choose the order of three major steps in cooking curry. This quiz was not just for fun, but to measure how the students understand the abstract idea and to make this a kind of introduction of a construction “V1-ta To’orini, V2-te kudasai”
– Attendance check at the end: 20 students responded. Students were asked to choose the right sentence from the five that were to be the construction “V1-ta To’orini, V2-te kudasai”.
– Pronunciation of the small “-tsu”: Small “-tsu” should be silent of length of 1 mora when it is before a explosive sound. 1 mora length of silence was shown using Figure1 below. When a small “-tsu” is before friction sound, it becomes 1 mora length of friction sound.
– Review of causative sentences with comparisons between causative sentences of intransitive verbs and of transitive verbs.
– Exercises of conversations using causative sentences whose actions were expressed by intransitive verbs.
– Introduction and exercise of a construction “V1-ta To’orini, V2-te kudasai”.
– Five students were asked to send a mp3 or m4a sound data by speaking the script of conversation of two part time job workers; Park-san and Chin-san that was in Dekiru Nihongo (yellow).
Issues and Problems:
<I don’t have time to write them>