Date: June 24th on Wednesday, 2020 from 15:30 to 17:00 (16:30 – 18:00 in JST)
<This was a supplementary class that was done in irregular hours>
Course: Japanese Conversation 4
Used app: Streaming with slide show and Video conference both on DingTalk. The former was used mainly with 65 slides of PPT, the latter was used for short time in the middle of the class. Only one PNG image was uploaded onto BBS to show the students a script od a conversation between Park-san and Yamaguchi-san that came from “Dekiru Nihong” yellow book the chapter 13.
Numbers of Students:
– Attendance check by the students’ self-claimed input of “Shusseki” onto BBS : 23
– Attendance check at the end of the class in the form of quiz: 18
(1) The first 30 minutes
– Practice of conversation between two young ladies who were friends each other. The conversation included some causative sentences.
– Speeches of the conversation above by two pairs on the video conference.
(2) The last 60 minutes
– Review of some expressions that were learned in this semester. Those were sentences using auxiliary verbs for guess or hearsay.
– No HA.
Issues and Problems:
There was a certain reason to review the expressions/construction that were learned in this semester at this point. It was amazing that my time scheduling of PPT slide progressed well along the time. 47 slides of 65 were used for this purpose. The biggest issue was whether or not it does really help the students remember such many numbers of Japanese expressions and constructions by presenting a long list of them all at once. I don’t think that was the best way.