Date: June 24th on Wednesday, 2020
– 1st and 2nd sessions from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
– 3rd and 4th sessions from 9:50 to 11:20 (10:50 – 12:20 in JST)
Course: Japanese Listening 2
Used app: Video Conference on DingTalk. Powerpoint were also used only on the teacher’s computer display. 13 slides for 1-2session, 19 slides for 3-4 session. Some of these PPT slides were converted to be PNG image files and uploaded to the class BBS so that the students could refer to during the video conference style online class.
Numbers of Students: 27
– All the 27 students participated the class. This was confirmed by both self-claiming attendance on BBS and the display on Video conference window. However one student didn’t input “Shusseki” for the self-claiming attendance onto BBS.
– Explanation about the alternative measures for the final examination.
– Redo of textbook exercise Mondai I and II of the section 25, that were using “V-ta houga ii”
– Textbook exercise Mondai III and IV in the section 25.
– Introduction of the construction “V1-u toki, V2” and “V1-ta toki, V2” using the section 23 of Minnano Nihongo I
– No homework was assigned.
Issues and Problems:
– The textbook is not designed for systematic learning. Especially it is lacking consideration for tense-aspect expressions. Each section deals with some major constructions, though, they are lacking a good organization for the better learning process of a huge structure of Japanese language. I think one thing I have to do is to teach from the important and also basic constructions. And then I will move onto a less important, less basic construction for the next. The textbook now we are using is missing such considerations. It seems to be more obvious for tense-aspect expressions. So I taught “V1-u toki/V1-ta toki, V2 shimasu” using Min’nano Nihongo I.