Date: June 28th on Sunday, 2020 from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
Course: Japanese Basic Composition 2
Used app: Video conference on DingTalk. Several images were shown to the students through BBS of the class.
Numbers of Students:
– Self-claming attendance on BBS by inputting “Shusseki”: 25
– Attendances that were confirmed on the display of video conference: 25
– Attendance check at the end of the class: 23 students input the designated alphabet onto BBS
– One minutes speech and question-and-answer time for tourism of a certain prefecture in Japan. 21 students spoke and 20 questioned.
– The students made their speeches in the reverse order of student number. A student who to make a question was assigned by the teacher in random manner in order to keep the students concentrate on other students’ speeches.
– It was taught about how to make a question in a conference. Identify him/herself first, say some kind of praise to the presentation, and then start asking a question.
– No HWA.
Issues and Problems:
Most of the students have written the papers about a tourism issue of one particular prefecture in Japan. But some have not done yet. There are some students who have never submitted his/her draft. Those were not given the chance to make a speech today. Perhaps it was likely that those students had also prepared only for today’s 1-minute speech. It is an issue how the teacher would deal with such student and his/her opportunity to speak under the limited class time.