Date: April 24th on Friday, 2020 from 13:40 to 15:10 (14:40 – 16:10 in JST)
Course: Japanese Conversation 4
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 82 slides
Numbers of Students: 24 out of 28
Fully attendant for 90min : 15, Completely Absent : 4,
Shorter signing-in: 86, 72, 52, 24*2, 18, 10, 5minutes, and the shortest was 5 seconds.
Responses onto the BBS:
– Attendance check by a student his/herself: 25. One of these students was actually recorded as completely absent.
– 1st Quiz: 19 students responded. The quiz was just to ask the right conjugation of 3rd group verb “Kuru/Kimsu” in Nai-form.
– 2nd Quiz:17 students responded. The question was to choose one sentence that was different from other three sentences. The four were all using “If” type conjunctive particles “-to”, “-ba”, “-tara”, and “-nara”. Of these, only the sentence with “-nara” had different construction that was simply “Noun+nara”.
3rd Only one student responded, no one got the right answer. In fact the question was too difficult for the students. It was to choose one erroneous sentence among four that were using “If” type conjunctive particles.
– Attendance check at the end: 21 students responded. It is to find a sentence that was erroneously using “-nara” because its conditional clause was too definitely determined to be an assumption.
– Listening to a conversation between two part time job workers.
– Review and exercise of conditional conjunctive particle “-ba,”
– Introduction of another conditional conjunctive particle “-nara,”,
– Exercise of “-ba” and “-nara”
Any homework was assigned in this time. There was no time to check and evaluate a homework because many classes were scheduled in short period of time before the spring holidays from May 1 to 5th.
Issues and Problems:
The purpose of quiz during class is to check whether or not each student is really listening to the online class. It seems that I might have asked too much difficult questions for the purpose these days. Today’s quiz No.3 was so difficult that no student could get the answer. It is necessary to make those questions appropriate for level of students’ understanding.