Date: April 14th on Tuesday, 2020 from 15:30 to 17:00 (16:30 – 18:00 in JST)
Course: Japanese Basic Composition 2
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 82 slides
Numbers of Students: 28
22 students participated for whole 90 minutes.
5 students were recorded for their short attendances: 86, 81, 75, 36, 18minutes
1 students was completely absent.
Responses to my requests like Quiz answers onto BBS:
– Attendance check by reporting his/her-selves: 27.
– 1st Quiz: 18 students responded.
– 2nd Quiz: I decided not to do this because time was limited and it is a too difficult question.
– 3rd Quiz; 20 students responded. The question was to choose three sentences that are more suitable to writing style out of six.
– Attendance check at the end : 23 students responded. The question was to ask the functions of each particles; -wa, -ga, -o, -ni
– Answers and review for quiz with 5 questions in the last class
– Importance of particles in Japanese
– Review for the last class about connecting short sentences to make longer sentences.
– Connecting two clauses in order to write a longer sentence.
1: Writing about usages of particles “-ga” and “-o”.
2: Rewriting sentences that had errors in last week’s homework.
Issues and Problems:
They will never learn hoe to use the particle “-o”. I realized that it is useless to teach them the importance of the particle “-o” which is a marker of an object that receives action of transitive verb. So I decided to make the students write their explanations about “-o”. For the sake of comparison, I thought it would be better to make them write about also the particle “-ga”.