Date: June 17th on Wednesday, 2020
– 1st and 2nd sessions from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
– 3rd and 4th sessions from 9:50 to 11:20 (10:50 – 12:20 in JST)
Course: Japanese Listening 2
Used app: Video Conference on DingTalk, Several slides of Powerpoint were used only on my computer display. 17 slides for 1-2session, 10 slides for 3-4 session. These PPT slides show me the scripts of listening materials and have embedded mp3 files so that made it easy for me to play the audio.
Numbers of Students: 27
– 24 students typed his/her attendance on BBS. Three seemed to come late.
– Attendance Check : 25 students typed his/her attendance on BBS. One came late.
– There were two incidents in which a student didn’t answer to my calling
1-2 session: Redo Exercise III and IV of the section 23 in textbook.
New teaching; Exercise I of the section 24
3-4 session: Exercise II was skipped. Exercise III was done to learn “tari-tari construction”, and Exercise IV that was a story telling was listened to
– No homework was assigned.
Issues and Problems:
– Due to the heavy work load, I changed my teaching style from PPT slideshow to video conference. This was the first time for me to use video conference for the class. So I did not make it well. I got some problems to be improved in this new style.
– It needs some consideration how to check the students attendance more exactly.