Date: May 27th on Wednesday, 2020 from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
Course: Japanese Listening 2
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 68 slides
Numbers of Students: 27
25 student stayed with me from the start to the end. Two students were recorded for their shorter signing-in; 80 and 59 minutes.
– Attendance Check : 26 students typed his/her attendance on BBS. One came late.
– Quiz was done in a different way. As in the composition class for second grade, a student wrote his/her answers on a sheet of paper for five questions. And then the students sent five answers in Alphabet right after the class. This time I don’t have enough time to write five questions and answers here.
1: Basics of Japanese grammar
– Review of adjectives’ functions as noun modifier, predicates, and adverbials
2: Review of the section 20 of the textbook.
– “-kara” initiates the second action by the finishing of the first action.
3: Listening activities using the textbook
– Task 1 and 2 of the section 21 of the textbook. Particles “-ni” and “-de” were explained to do Mondai-II.
– No homework was assigned.
Issues and Problems:
– 5-question quiz was done in a different way for the first time. Therefore the some minor troubles had happened when we were trying question number one. However, this 5-question quiz gave me some useful information about how much a student understand well. The old way, that was iuput on pop-up message window, was good to know quick reaction of the students, but was not good to know individual student’s performance because most of the student input the same answer as the first and second students input. In the new way, it is likely that some students are talking on a phone each other to share their answers. There is no perfect way, but I should have applied this method more earlier. Now, two thirds of the semester has gone.