Date: May 26th on Tuesday, 2020 from 15:30 to 17:00 (16:30 – 18:00 in JST)
Course: Japanese Basic Composition 2
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 58 slides
Numbers of Students: 28
25 students participated for whole 90 minutes.
3 students were recorded for their short attendances: two students were with me for 85 minutes, and one students left the shortest record of 1 minute.
Responses to my requests like Quiz answers onto BBS:
– Attendance check by reporting his/her-selves: 28.
– 5 Quiz were given to the students during the class. Answers to the 5-quiz were sent to me right after the class. Quiz to be posted on BBS was not given today. 27 students sent the answers to me.
1. Review for the 5-q quiz of the last class.
Use of “-made” that indicates the end of continuity of something.
2. Writing a paper about the sightseeing of a particular prefecture of Japan.
A caution was given to the students. They shall not make an unauthorized reproduction of photograph when writing a paper.
3. Some tips for writing a composition using the textbook.
Intransitive verbs “mieru” and “kikoeru”.
Style corrections on their draft and proofreading themselves.
Issues and Problems:
This class starts at 4:30 p.m. in J.S.T. every Tuesday. I started preparing for the class in the morning and tried making enough PPT slide without having a break until 4:30 p.m. I didn’t think of what to teach to the students until the last minutes. As a result, my 58 PPT slides were neither short nor too many. So I could somehow teach 90 minutes composition class with hodge-podge topics. However, this time was surely an embarrassing and regretful experience to me because of my ill-preparedness, not having a good idea for what to teach.