Date: July 1st on Wednesday, 2020
– 1st and 2nd sessions from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
– 3rd and 4th sessions from 9:50 to 11:20 (10:50 – 12:20 in JST)
Course: Japanese Listening 2
Used app: Video Conference and Streaming on DingTalk. Powerpoint were also used only on the teacher’s computer display. An excel spread sheet was distributed to the students.
Numbers of Students: 27
– At the beginning of 1-2 session, all the 27 students input “Shusseki” on BBS as self-claiming attendance.
– At the end of 1-2 session, 26 students submitted an excel spread sheet which was to fill the blanks and complete the table for basic verbs’ conjugation.
– At the beginning of 3-4 session, 27 students input “Shisseki” on BBS.
– At the end of 3-4 session, all the 27 students were confirmed their attendance by checking their connection to Video conference. After all, this day’s class was a kind of final examination. So no one dared to be absent.
– Oral examination: A student was called one by one to video call in reversed order to their student ID number. He/she pronounced some Japanese words. The teacher recorded audio. It was thought that this oral test could be finished in 1-2 session. But it didn’t. Only 17 made it in 1-2 session.
– The rest of the oral examination: 12 students were called to the video call. One student was asked to do it again because the teacher had lost the audio data.
– Teaching: The oral examination ended at around 10:40. The class continued to learn using video conference. The teaching was about expressions “V-te ageru” and “V-te morau”in order to know how to use “give and take” transitive verbs that needed not only particle “-o” but also “-ni”.
– No homework was assigned.
Issues and Problems:
– The issue is, you know, how to evaluate 27 audio recordings of oral test.