Date: June 29th on Monday, 2020 from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
Course: Japanese Conversation 4
Used app: Streaming and Video conference on DingTalk. Dingtalk’s BBS is also used to show the students some images.
Numbers of Students:
-(1) Attendance check by the students’ self-claimed input of “Shusseki” onto BBS : 24
-(2) Numbers of connections that the video conference window indicated:25
Students who are recorded by both (1) and (2) : 21
Recorded only by (1) : 2, Recorded only by (2): 3
– Attendance check at the end of the class in the form of quiz: 19
(1) Redo of the last time’s exercise and Doing new exercise of today for causative-passive sentences. These were done in the form of streaming show of PPT presentation. The streaming was ended and the class continued by changing to video conference style.
(2) Conversation exercise in pair. This was also a practice for the test that would be held in the evening of the day. So the pair was identical to the one in the test.
(3) Conversation skit from Dekiru Nihongno Yellow, section 12-1
– A use of particle “-mo” was introduced. That was “-mo” to emphasize a big portion or “how much it is”.
– No HA.
Issues and Problems:
The class had finished the designated textbook that was titled for conversation but actually was simply a grammar workbook. I chose a material of “Dekiru Nihongo” in order to make teaching could be for conversation as well as I could. I chose the part also as a preparation for the oral test in the evening.