Date: May 12th on Tuesday, 2020 from 15:30 to 17:00 (16:30 – 18:00 in JST)
Course: Japanese Basic Composition 2
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 59 slides
Numbers of Students: 28
22 students participated for whole 90 minutes.
5 students were recorded for their short attendances: 83, 86, 42, 33, and 20 minutes
1 student was completely absent today
Responses to my requests like Quiz answers onto BBS:
– Attendance check by reporting his/her-selves: 27. ( One sent a message to tell me his absence beforehand)
– 5 Quiz were given to the students during the class. Answers to the 5-quiz were sent to me right after the class. Quiz to be posted on BBS was not given today. 24 students sent the answers to me.
– Review and explanations for two questions of 5-question quiz in the last class.
-1: Particle “-o” should not be used for the intransitive verb “Naru”.
1st question of 5-q quiz was given for this issue. Still one student thought it was okay to use “-o” for the sentence of intransitive verb ” Naru”.
-2: There is a difference between “V-te ita” and “V-te kita” in terms of tense-aspect.
– A new task for the last half of the second semester
The student were asked to start a task to write with good formatting as a document. The topic was sightseeing of a particular prefecture in Japan. Students were asked to write a paper with internet research and to make a suggestion for the better sightseeing services of the prefecture. Each student chose his/her prefecture in the class.
– Learning using the textbook.
2nd question of 5-q quiz: Choosing the right combinations of particles. Over-generalization of “Wa-ga construction” is one issue. But there is another issue that even in the case that “Wa-ga construction” can be used, many students make error for uses of particles “wa” and “ga”. 10 students made this type of error.
< For time limitation, the rest of the teaching was suspended to be recorded here>
– The students were asked modifying the template for the paper by filling the chapter titles of our task
Issues and Problems:
< No time to write now>