Date: May 9th on Saturday, 2020 from 15:30 to 17:00 (16:30 – 18:00 in JST)
Course: Japanese Basic Composition 2
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 80 slides
Numbers of Students: 28
25 students participated for whole 90 minutes.
3 students were recorded for their short attendances: 57, 44, 32 minutes
Responses to my requests like Quiz answers onto BBS:
– Attendance check by reporting his/her-selves: 28.
– 1st Quiz: 26 students responded. This was to correct the erroneous sentence with over-generalization of “Wa-ga construction”.
– In the rest of the class, the students were given 5-question quiz. A student answered a question by taking a memo, and sent five answers right after the class. This also worked as an attendance check at the end of the class.
– Feedback about the students’ compositions about a health care worker from abroad.
– Review and summary of the first half of this semester.
– Homework assignment was suspended. Although the second drafting for the essay about a health care worker must be assigned, I haven’t yet evaluated their first draft.
Issues and Problems:
The result of the quiz showed that some students didn’t understand the difference between “-teiru” and “-tekuru”. For other issues, however, I have no time to write them right now.