Date: April 13th on Monday, 2020 from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
Course: Japanese Conversation 4
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint with 63 slides
Numbers of Students: 28
Fully attendant for 90min : 16, Completely Absent : 4,
Shorter signing-in: 85, 84, 84, 73, 37, 23, 11 minutes, and the shortest was 55 seconds.
Responses onto the BBS:
– Attendance check by a student his/herself: 26, but three students were recorded as completely absent
– 1st Quiz: 14 students responded. The quiz was to ask right connections between a Na-adjective and auxiliary verb “-rashii”.
– 2nd Quiz: 18 students responded. The quiz was to tell the difference of hearsay “souda” and guessing “souda”.
– 3rd Quiz: 16 students responded. The quiz was to ask right connections to auxiliary verb “rashii”. One is a negative verb predicate and the other is a noun.
– Attendance check at the end: 14 students responded. This is a quiz to get to know similarities between hearsay and “It is said that” and between guessing and “I think that”. Of course they are in Japanese.
– Review of conversation using the auxiliary verb “-rashii” for guess.
– Introduction of the auxiliary verb “-souda” for hearsay
Homework Assignment: Short test of one sheet of A4 paper to ask usage types of “youda”, connections of “rashii”, and miscellanious questions about sentences u4sing auxiliary verbs.
Issues and Problems:
Due to the time limitation, I couldn’t teach “he/she says that” which can be a substitute of hearsay. Five PPT slides were left unused.