Date: April 1st on Wednesday, 2020 from 8:00 to 9:30 (9:00 – 10:30 in JST)
Course: Japanese Listening 2
Used app: Streaming on DingTalk, Presentation by Powerpoint (86 slides)
Numbers of Students: 27
All 27 students stayed with me from start to the end.
– Attendance Check : All the 27 students typed “Shusskei” on BBS
– Quiz 1 : 25 students typed their answers. Actually 21 answers were incorrect. 4 students revised their answers to correct.
– Quiz 2 at the End: 26 students typed the correct answer “-ni”. This was to ask a particle that fill blanks of three sentences. “-Ni’ is the answer for those three for functions of;
1: Time of action, 2: Destination that the movement is heading toward, and 3: Place of existence.
1: Review of the last class;
– How to use two adjectives
– Types of verbs: Transitive v.s Intransitive verbs, Combination of a verb and particles, and especially putting emphasis on combination between transitive verbs and particle”-o”.
2: Listening Mondai3
I introduced a double meanings of “Iidesu”
3: Listening of conversation
Students memorization was promoted by increasing blanks on the script. Additional rote training of particles that fit into between objects and verb.
Reading aloud conversation script twenty times, although there would be no evidence whether a student did or did not do this homework.
Issues and Problems:
It may be too early to teach the first grade students at this moment about how to connect two adjectives.